Old October 27th 03, 04:52 AM

I have been running FS200* on a Viewsonic VG175 at 1280x1024x32 for the
last couple years - as well as some FPS games - and I am totally happy.
I cannot see any reason to buy a CRT/Space Heater ever again.

Dave Blevins

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:17:24 -0000, "FG Phil"
wrote:

The only downside to a TFT monitor is the resolution limitations. A 15" will
limit at 1024x768 & a 17" or 18" will give you 1280x1024 max. I run my Sony
"18 TFT at 1280x1024x16 in FS2004 with pleasing results.
However someone once told me that you cannot compare this difference
directly with CRT monitors as they both opperate slightly different.
"Alan Cameron" wrote in message
Thanks Pete,
that answers my main concerns.

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Alan Cameron" wrote in message
About to buy a new PC system to to used mainly for Flightsims, do

these
perform as well at CRT monitors etc.... i.e. are frame rates &

suchlike
effected. What advantage does a DVI input provide?

You'd have to define "perform".

Refresh rate isn't anywhere near that available in CRTs, but the

response
time of a LCD monitors is approaching 60 Hz. Refresh rate for all LCD
monitors I'm aware of is 60 Hz, and the response time is close enough to

the
refresh rate that for most displayed graphics (including those in a

flight
sim), you'd be hard-pressed to notice the difference.

snip