Old August 8th 05, 10:39 PM
Peter R.

Gig 601XL Builder wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote:

Nobody but you mentioned 172SPs. The OP certainly didn't

Don't get hung up on my mention of the SP model. The OP mentioned "newer
(but not brand new)" C172s. Thus, I assumed post-1998 models, which are
all fuel injected and most contain more advanced avionics than a typical,
older Warrior.

In order to accurately reflect my experience, I used SP since that was what
it was, but I certainly could have included the R model in my assumption
about how long a checkout would take when going from a Warrier to either of
these models.

and again I wans't talking about SPs

You weren't? Then why didn't you say so when you first stated, "If you are
current in a Warrior and anybody REQUIRES 3-5 hours checkout in a
Skyhawk they are just making money off you." Instead, you made a blanket
statement that seems to imply all 172 models.

Given the "newer (but not brand new)" quote from the original post, you
were no more at liberty (and therefore no more right or wrong) to assume a
pre-1998 model than I was to assume a post-1998 model.

--
Peter