Old April 4th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Fire Story & pics

My wife and I took our plane earlier this year and flew over North
central Texas and the fires that affected Ringgold and Nacona, TX.
Ringgold was practically taken off the map. We stayed above 3000' only
to learn later that the Gov of TX was in the air above that area at the
same time. Wildfires have been a disaster to TX and OK this year. We are
finally getting rain.

Ross
KSWI

JJS wrote:

Hey ya'll. As a tribute to the rural fire fighters and tanker pilots who risk their lives, Jay Honeck posted my
"Nightmare" story over on his website, complete with some pictures of the burn areas. You can see it he

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2006_oklahoma_fires.htm

The story may not be there too long. Hopefully one of you can come up with something better and knock me off the
air.