Old July 2nd 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Stache

Default What do you do about maintenance?

You are right this is a real problem and will be get worse in the
future. Several of us mechanic were thinking the same thing since
there are hardly any young guys planning to replace us. We have been
kicking around the idea of a co-op of mechanics that have retired and
don't want to work full time, but would enjoy getting out and staying
active (on call). Several mechanics own aircraft and would fly off to
an airport to fix an airplane if requested.

The only problem he will have is communication. However the inter net
may solve that problem. What we need is a list of mechanics by state
and type of work willing to perform. The owner could go to the web
site fine a mechanic contact them by e-mail or phone and work out the
details. This could be an untapped market and benefit both owner and
mechanic.

Just one man's opinion.

Stache