Old July 18th 04, 04:45 PM
Ed Rasimus

On 17 Jul 2004 22:54:28 GMT, (BUFDRVR) wrote:

Ed Rasimus wrote:

I don't recall anyone facing the assignment to missiles as being
particularly grateful nor viewing it as "fine duty."

For the life of me Ed, I can't figure out why you impugn the service of
missileers. Did you have a run in with one at the O' Club? Honestly Ed, you
sound like Art Kramer every time you discuss the "dreaded missileer" and ICBM
duty.

BUFDRVR

Seek not offense between the lines. If I wish to offend it will be in
plain view. I do not impugn the service of missileers. I simply stated
that the missile and weapons controller fields were the two main
assignment channels for flying training washouts when I was in that
business. And, I further stated that neither assignment was viewed as
particularly desireable.

That's a long way from impugning the service of those who got the job.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press