Old July 26th 03, 02:02 PM
Robert Danewid

Interesting tread this one.

First question was:

Harry wrote:
would you recommend this ship for a recently licensed pilot ??? comments welcome!

regards
Harry

Now we have been through nose hooks vs CG hooks, winching or not and
nearly started a conflict between the US, Canada or Nort America on one
side and Europe on the other side.

First question, as far as I have found out, has still not been answered.
So I give it a try....

YES, the ASW24 is a good ship for recently licensed gliders. In Sweden
we use ASW24s (with CG hook) as first single seater (during traininng, i
e before you have your license, if you are trained in plastic two
seaters). LS4 and Discus are also approved as first single seater type.

The 24 has nice handling, a good, roomy and crashworthy cocpit (provided
you are not too long - I am 187 cm and can just fit in comfortably).

Robert