Old February 8th 05, 07:23 PM
Icebound

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
news:1107872420.663971@sj-nntpcache-3...
Icebound wrote:
"Dave Butler" wrote in message
news:1107809005.223943@sj-nntpcache-3...

It's his air time. He can waste it at his discretion.

If you were handed off, he knew you were coming, he knew you were on the
right freq. Not clear what his motivation was in making the correction,
but it really doesn't matter why he chose to make the correction.

Actually, I would think it WOULD be important. There are a lot of
aircraft on, or coming on, the frequency. If they hear you continue to
call "Centre" instead of "Approach", some one of them is going to waste
time trying to figure out if he is on the right frequency, and will
perhaps leave it (incorrectly).

I don't think we are disagreeing. I assume you mean "It would be important
for the controller to make the correction." and not "It would be important
for us to know why he chose to make the correction."

Well, I was thinking more along the line of: "it would be important for us
to call the controller by the correct identification", hence "It would be
important for the controller to make the correction.", and for us to comply.