Old January 21st 20, 09:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default WGC Final Report, John Good

On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 17:01:24 -0800, Dan Daly wrote:

On Monday, January 20, 2020 at 7:46:03 PM UTC-5, Tijl wrote:
That wouldn't circumvent manual Flarm-ID changes at any given moment
within the flight (with an LX9000 connection for instance).

You can also quickly power your Flarm off an on after take-off, thereby
creating a new random ID.

I am sure if the IGC asks for it, FLARM can quickly bring out a feature
that triggers a ID-randomizer every 15 minutes during the flight. But
that would not even be necessary in my opinion.

Also, if the punishment of having a private ground-based Flarm receiver
in a team is disqualification for the whole team, and if the rules on
this are 100% clear and widely known, who in their right mind would do
this?

I would be surprised if changing the ICAO ID didn't violate the IGC file
security and validation.

Its not recorded anywhere in an ICG flight log, so no problem there.

I've written and tested a Java class for decoding IGC logs, so needed to
understand precisely what's in every record type (except the G record,
whose exact format is logger-specific. Thats because the checksum format
is not defined by the standard: its specified and known only by the
manufacturer.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org