Old November 25th 14, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

Default Happy Thanksgiving from Santa Barbara Soaring

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:37:09 AM UTC-7, CindyB wrote:
SBS is pleased to announce their celebration of a year of business operations,
and an invitation to the public to come fly at Santa Ynez Airport over the November holiday weekend.

Towing service will be available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I know, I know. You didn't plan ahead due to family pressures ( mandatory attendance - clean the yard, clean the house, clean up the dinnertable language), but you can finally see your way clear for a Saturday/Sunday slip away from in-laws and the endless football and beer/insurance/medical disabilities commercials.

Come fly !!

Amazingly, the weather pattern will shift for California to Real Weather by Sunday. We expect pre-frontal south-flow wave or ridge conditions, or enough instability to create thermals and convergence. In most places, soaring has hunkered down for the short-day duration, yet we enjoy our best flying right now. Plenty of tiedown and rigging room, great scenery, and affordable tows.

Please, please RSVP for the Saturday tri-tip dinner to sbsoaring at yahoo.com.

There is a lot for which to be thankful, in soaring and across the USA. Hug your families and friends, and offer someone a sailplane ride as a present.