Old February 28th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.restoration
Robert Sveinson

Default Tom Cruise's P-51 Mustang

"guy" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 28 Feb, 12:18, ŽiŠardo wrote:
tby wrote:
Just a few Spitfires are dual seat - Ordered I believe by
the Irish airforce as trainers (?)

Tynes

====================================
"miket6065" wrote in message
news
Yep, I have seen that. In fact the CAF had one.

Normally there is a large
fuel tank there but if you tank it out this just enough

room for a man.

Delivery of the Spitfire Mk VIII began in April 1943, of which a small
number were converted to two seat trainer aircraft. This was a private
venture by Supermarine and was never accepted by the Royal Air Force,
however the Irish Air Corps were to later purchase the aircraft.

--
Moving things in still pictures!- Hide quoted text -

One (an ex MkIX) was restored by the late Nick Grace and is on the UK
airshow circuit, it has been tweaked though, with the rear cockpit
lowered, looks much better.
http://www.ml407.co.uk/

guy