Old August 11th 18, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Default Flying with Parachutes

At my UK club parachutes have been used for all flights in club owned gliders for more than 20 years. Shortly after the then CFI made this a rule a ASK21 flying an introduction to gliding day was hit by an extraordinarily strong bolt of lightning and broke up. The instructor and student survived thanks to their chutes. Personally I had a midair collision with another glider 15 years ago. I and the other glider pilot both survived completely unhurt after using our chutes.