Old October 24th 03, 12:27 AM
Alan Minyard

On 22 Oct 2003 05:32:24 GMT, (JamesF1110) wrote:

Quite a bit different than when our DD-786 was in dry dock at Hunter's Point.
The Blues were putting on a show for Saturday and I had the Quartedeck watch
observing the practice on Friday afternoon. They came in from 4 points of
compass and then went vertical and all "blossomed" outward but one plane (F-4)
was REALLY putting on a show on the descent,(tumbling towards the H20) when a
chute appeared from his aircraft. We sent a motorwhale boat out and retrieved
the helmet from the survivor. Evidently got a little too close on the ascent
with another player and had problems on the downward segement. Everyone
survived :-). Being a blackshoe, it was quite exciting to watch. Also,
driving from BOQ on TI every morning was exciting, as sometimes we would be
stoned by younger residents just outside of HP on our commute to work. My,
have things changed. I remember also one time when friend was deploying on
Ranger, and not a peep was mentioned in the local fish wrap. Of course there
were only 5000 residents departing their dependents to visit their loved ones!
:-)

Yep, I remember one day in SF when I dropped my keys, and broke my ankle ( I
had to kick them all the way to Oakland before I was willing to risk bending over to pick them up ). :-))

Al Minyard