Old November 3rd 03, 10:11 AM
Tyson Rininger

Glad you got to visit San Fran for Fleetweek...I too was there and shot it
for the International Council of Air Shows (ICAS).

I don't have this year's images posted yet, but I do have last years shots
on-line including the trip I made on board the USS Boxer from San Diego to
San Fran for the kick off...enjoy:

http://www.tvrphotography.com/Aviation.htm

Tyson

"Vaughn" wrote in message
I happened to be passing through SF a week ago while the Blue Angles were
doing their thing. There is no airshow like that anywhere else! The

Blues
manage to buzz around the downtown buildings several times during the

show,
and even go beat up several other bay area communities. I know of no

other
military shows that are done directly over the heads of the observers.

Even
though most of the fancy maneuvers are done over the bay, there are
hundreds, perhaps thousands, of boats out there.

The show is so popular that there are virtually no parking spots in the
city. We were forced to crawl through the streets and crane our necks the
best way possible. Mine hurt for a week!

There were only a few ships tied up this year, a sure sign that our Prez

is
keeping them busy elsewhere. There were plenty of sailors in town, and

they
all looked happy. I wish I has gotten that opportunity in my Navy days!

Getting on a ship for a tour was very difficult. You had to be in line

for
a ticket early in the morning and then return later for your tour.

Before you die, be sure to make Fleet Week in San Francisco, it is a sight
you will never forget.

Vaughn