Old December 30th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Harry K

Default You Know You're Old Dept.

Dave S wrote:

You know know you're old when every unit and base you were ever at no
longer exists. I was in for 21 years and only 1 unit out the many I
was at world wide is still in existance. That includes all the TDYs.

Harry K

Harry,

I can't top that one.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Even my late father would not be able to top that.. He was AF and USA...
Rucker is still there
Bragg
Shafter, Wheeler, Hickam

Dunno about his time in Europe..
Laredo AFB is off..
Da Nang is definitely off the list..
Oui-jom-bu or whatever, Korea.. Is the US still there in that town with
Helos?

He was so many places in 20 years.

Dave

After some cogitating I realized that I had not counted Lackland AFB
(basic training). I think that still exists. My specialty was Russian
Linguist with USAFSS (Security Service). I haven't kept track but I
think even that name has changed. We had a _lot_ of small bases around
the world, most that one wouldn't want to be at.

Harry K