Old August 28th 19, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default "Do It Yourself" airborne proximity warning device

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 3:24:27 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
Something else to consider.
Fines for unlawful use of radios are not trivial, ten thousand dollars last I heard.
Jim

But if you do get busted, the FCC helps promote your company with a press release. :-)
https://www.fcc.gov/enforcement/orders/1839 Look at all the large digital sign manufactures they have gone after. A whole industry out of control.

I loved the $2.8M FCC proposed penalty against Horizon Hobby for their drone FPV transmitter. Now that we have your full attention... the FCC settled for $35k but Horizon accepted ongoing compliance/process improvements in the settlement. Even with potential for bad interference there I suspect there was no real incidents--there was no product recall AFAIK and the FCC mostly wanted to get Horizon's attention and get them into compliance. Seems very fair for a first violation, the FCC has a special liking for repeat violators.