Old June 4th 04, 10:07 PM
Billy Beck

On 04 Jun 2004 17:32:10 GMT, (Garyurbach) wrote:

OK, trying a new heading, just in case:

I am debating online with somebody who claims the descending turn of the Boeing
757 over the DC mall was some aerobatic maneuver.

I am betting a 757 can do that without unduly stressing the plane, in emergency
conditions.

He turned 270 degrees in 2.5 minutes, and dropped quite a bit (don't know how
much).

A "standard rate turn" goes at three degrees per second. That's
180 degrees in one minute.

Even accounting for the descent, I would say that anyone calling
that "aerobatic" is not worth arguing with.

Billy

http://www.two--four.net/weblog.php