Old July 14th 03, 08:14 AM
Dylan Smith

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 03:37:16 GMT, Newps wrote:
Netscape just released a new version of Communicator that has anti spam
software. I have had it installed for a few days now and is it
effective. All the spam goes to the junk folder. It hasn't made a
mistake yet.

Difficult to beat SpamAssassin running on the MX though...
SA is rules-based, and can use several other features (such as the
Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse, which compares messages received
by large numbers of people to detect 'bulkiness') along with the
Spamhaus blackhole list (which only lists the worst spam offenders,
when it comes to RBLs, I don't want to use one that's too agressive).

This combination is highly effective and it means I don't even need
to download the spam to have it filtered by my mail program.

The DCC alone finds about 80% of the spam - the rule set gets the rest.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net