Old October 7th 17, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

Default FAKE NEWS BEING SPREAD about the SGP in Chile.

On 10/7/2017 11:51 AM, Tom Kelley #711 wrote:
FAKE news is being spread on FB. Also included in the fake news is that I
will now not be attending the SGP finals in Chile for 2018.

To make this perfectly clear, I never said that to anyone.

Sean Fiddler is making these posts on FB and needs to make a public
apolog[y] for spreading this false, misleading news. I have received emails
from friends who have seen his posts wondering if this is true and were
alarmed if I was ok.

I was invited on Sept 13, 2017 to attend the Chile SGP and did accept.
Nothing's changed. Am attending and even have a crew. Also, just received a
email from the contest organizers about numerous items.

So sad that someone would not speak responsibly.

Best Regards, Tom Kelley #711.

Hmmm...were I forced to bet there's truth and accuracy on at least one side of
the above-alleged situation, my money would be placed on Mr. Kelley's side.
Since I doubt Mr. Kelley could pick me out by name from a police line-up,
long-time readers of RAS can probably guess the reasoning underlying my
hypothetical bet...

Real classy (not!).

Bob W.

P.S. As others have already said, have a ball in Chile!!!

---
http://www.avg.com