Old October 14th 17, 04:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.humor.skewed
Miloch

Default CNN and Qatar Airways: Taking fake news to new heights

In article , Byker says...

"Miloch" wrote in message news

I took a year off and travelled around the world and found Arabic
countries to be the most friendly.

I take it you missed out on their airliner "christening" ceremonies:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5c4_1440672610

http://tinyurl.com/znh8hh3

Ever been to an American meat-packing plant? I have as a school kid on a
school tour and my most vivid memory was the recently killed hog in a spinning
vat with small blades being dehaired...and it was being done by the thousands
each year.

About your pics...

"PIA is Pakistan International Airlines, which had grounded its fleet of ATR
turboprop passenger planes after a Dec. 7 crash of an ATR killed all 47 people
on board. The flight on Sunday was the first by an ATR since then.

"It wasn't PIA's idea to bring a goat into the mix. Airline spokesperson Danyal
Gillani issued what was no doubt the first airline statement about goat
sacrifice in the history of aviation: "It was done by some local employees as a
gesture of gratitude over the clearance of the first ATR [for flying]." Animal
sacrifice is a part of Islamic tradition and can be found in other religions as
well (see Leviticus 23:19).

"And the goat's color was significant. Some Pakistanis believe that a black goat
is particularly effective as a way to counteract black magic and the evil eye.

*