Old October 15th 17, 09:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]

Default UK2 WF632 Shorts SB3 PhilButlerColl.jpg

On Sat, 14 Oct 2017 19:58:36 GMT, wrote:

My Dad said the loudest was the North American T2A (not the B). It had no
tail pipe, so even the tiny J34 could put out the decibels. "If sound could
be converted to speed the T2A would have been supersonic."

The A-6 / EA-6 are (were) in the running as well.

I lost a fair bit of hearing many years back on departure day after a
local air show waiting while a B-1 warmed up. Standing a couple
hundred yards almost directly in front with the engines at idle was
downright painful. Moved to position an F-16 between us - an F-16
with ~its~ engine running and only about 20 yards away - cut the sound
level appreciably.

I have no idea why friends are always telling me to get my earring
decked...