Old August 25th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Fun canyon flying

Robert,

Where are you flying the seaplane?

I did my seaplane training at Brown's Seaplane Base,
Winter Haven, FL.

During my last FAA Wings program (#5), I got to land on
canals between the lakes. FUN! Unfortunately, the bridges
were too low to even taxi beneath.

In rec.aviation.student Robert M. Gary wrote:
After 2 years without touching the controls of a seaplane I had the
pleasure of grabbbing a CFI and going out and getting my phase 1 sea
wings. Boy, what a blast. We went up to the foothills and did some
canyon flying. Its amazing that flying 10 feet over the water at 60 mph
in close proximity to other stuff was not nearly as upseting as I
thought it would be. Its actually really cool and gives you a great
flying sensation. Its something I could never do in my Mooney. We also
did some confined canyon turns (pucker up!).
We went flying through some canyons and probably picked up 15 landings
just splashing down and taking off. We even got to fly under a bridge.
The FSDO guys often come out there just for the fun of flying under the
bridge, which is legal when taking off or landing. Although the bridge
was probably more than 1000' above me the sensation was awesome.
For anyone who has not done any sea plane flying, especially in the
mountains, its an amazing experience.

-Robert, CFI

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocations!"
--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jeratfrii.com http://users.frii.com/jer/