Old June 16th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default PHIL BOYER: 40% OF AOPA MEMBERS ARE SIGNIFICANTLY DECREASING THEIR FLYING DUE TO FUEL PRICES

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
Isn't this the same arguments I heard 30 years ago?

Pretty much. A few days ago I heard Obama and McCain surrogates discussing
gasoline prices. The McCain surrogate advocated increased domestic oil
production and refining capacity. The Obama surrogate countered it would be
ten years before that had any effect and Americans wanted answers today.
The fact that the Democratic party has held that position since at least the
Carter administration was completely lost on him.

What I really fear is that some pandering politician (doesn't matter which
party) is going to attempt to regulate fuel prices in the U.S. It's bad
enough paying $4/gal, but it sure beats waiting in a line of 50 cars in order
to pay $3.80/gal. It was a dismal failure in the 70s, but it's not beyond
the realm of possiblility that some future president will revive the idea in
order to appear to be "doing something" about fuel prices. Much like some of
the ridiculous post-9/11 security measures.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)