Old May 18th 05, 06:55 PM
RST Engineering

Perhaps those Lycoming powered that came off the production line after the
service bulletin advising to make that switch, but prior to that date they
were double impulse mags.

Let's take just two examples with which I am intimately familiar, since I
just did a mag rebuild on both of them. The Continental O-470L with Bendix
magnetos has dual impulse mags. (Cessna 182 et al)

The Continental O-300D with Bendix magnetos has dual impulse mags. (Cessna
172 et al)

I suppose we can go down the list of every aircraft that was ever made and
start a table. I'm not going to waste my time doing that.

Jim

"Bill Zaleski" wrote in message
news
Almost all of the make/models that you mention below have an impulse
mag on the left side only.

On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:00:21 -0700, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

I'm not saying I am right, just that off the top of my head without going
down the list with a pencil and paper, it seems that most (if not all)
Cessnas from the 120 to the 210 have both mags impulsed, most Pipers also,
and that is 90% of the fleet right there.

However, I'm also willing to be corrected by my greasywrench colleagues
who
are more into engine work than I.

Jim