Old February 10th 09, 08:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
dott.Piergiorgio

Default THE CASE FOR LONG-RANGE STRIKE: 21ST CENTURY SCENARIOS.

hcobb ha scritto:

So there is a gap in capability that the FB-22 would cover, but it
would not be a replacement for the missions currently covered by the
B-2s or B-1s. However the best mission for the Hustler II would be to
open the way for the big bombers with a hunt and destroy of air
defenses.

hm ?

As I understand the US conventional strategic bombing framework the B-2
has the role of SEAD, then the B-1 hit the major targets in the hostile
command chains (comm centers, HQ etc, and then came the "heavy punch" of
the good ol' B-52.
An excellent triad, I guess. A stealth bomber for the elimination of the
hostile's major sensors, a fast penetration bomber for disrupting the
nerve system of the enemy defense and the heavy payload carried by the
real workhorse of the bombing fleet.

In my very humble opinion in areonautical field there's no "one size
fits all"

Best regards from Italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.

*DISCLAIMER: I'm posting from sci.military.naval and I'm definitively
"black shoes"*