Old November 17th 05, 04:05 AM
clipclip clipclip is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny
I thought QNE = 1013 hp. But when I had a meteo course, my instructor told me QNE is not 1013 because the unit of QNE is altitude. I had not time to ask her clearly. Can anyone explain clearly?
Thanks.
the instructor might have meant that QNE is a value expressed in feet or meters, based on an altimeter setting of 1013/29.92 . an altimeter set to 1013 measures "pressure altitude", a value that is used in a number of calculations related to aviation, and to determine flight altitude.

QNE may or may not correspond to QNH depending on the current altimeter setting (QNH setting).

francois