Old September 17th 03, 07:30 PM
Larry Smith

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message

Larry Smith wrote:

"Mark Wildman" wrote in message
hlink.net...
About five years ago I bought foam for seat cushions at Oshkosh. It

is
very
comfortable.

I need some more and don't remember the company that sold it. Any

ideas?

Thanks.

Mark Wildman

I like conforfoam or temperfoam cause it feels like soft female

butticks.
Make that soft *supple* female butticks.

Just about as expensive too.

And adds 11 or 12 pounds to each bucket seat!

Still, after a week in the Taylorcraft, it just might be worth
the expense and weight...

--
Richard Lamb

http://www.flash.net/~lamb01/

You got one? If you have you know the singular exuberance.

The seats in a Taylorcraft are already comfortable, even if you are just
sitting in the sling. I use about 5 lbs. temperfoam for a buttick cushion
and another strip to pad the horizontal bar near the shoulder blades. With
that and 24 gals. fuel you can cruise along at ease 4 to 4.5 hours before
stopping to whiz and refuel. Never had a complaint from a passenger or
young eagle either, except one little rich kid so full of himself he thought
he should be treated to a supersonic ride in a Strike Eagle.

Two of us old salts were comfortably aloft the other day in the Taylorcraft
tracing the ridges and valleys around Green River, where he regularly flies
underneath the bridge in his Cub. I noticed that our feet kept bumping
into each other. He wears 15's, I wear 14's.