Old February 11th 04, 08:11 PM
Ron Natalie

"Tony Woolner" wrote in message ...
We were flying along with the autopilot on. I tried to turn the plane to the
left but it was fighting the controls. How do you disconnect the autopilot?
A friend told me when you turn the plane it should disconnect automatically.
I guess you just have to turn the switch off to stop the autopilot?

You really need to read the manual before attempting to fly a plane with an
autopilot. Your friend is full of it. Most autopilots do not disconnect when
you turn the wheel. They have no clue you are turning the wheel rather than
the aircraft being out of trim.