Old August 18th 09, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_8_]

Default VIP TFRs and protesters with weapons

"Mike Ash" wrote in message
In article ,
"Fslop" wrote:

How many assasinations or attempts to assasinate were carried out by
individuals at a
protest openly carrying weapons? I believe the answer to hover around 0.

Well, Archduke Ferdinand, which kicked off World War I, in 1914.

Then there was George Wallace in 1968, and that mob guy back in the 70's.

Then the attempt on Jerry Ford.

So that's four.

But none of these weren't protests.

And none were carryig openly.

And open carry is allowed in most states, including the ones were thest
incidents occured.

And what is the number of attempts that were carried out by airplane?

Four attempts - 3000 dead.