Old November 2nd 03, 10:58 PM
Barnyard BOb --

As far as the engine is concerned I know it's 2180cc, which everyone calls
75hp, though I'm pretty sure that's takeoff power and not continuous.

Using the standard 2 cubic inches per HP that is common to Lycomings and
Continentals, 2180cc = 133 ci = 66.5 HP, which is probably a more realistic
number.

BTW I hope reliability isn't too bad.. I'm gonna be flying behind a Great
Plains 2180cc VW soon!

Eric

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You know I would never, never rain on your parade g,
but.... the local KR2 here at 3GV hasn't flown in years.
The VW engine quit so many times, the owner-builder
finally wised up and quit, too. No further details.

For other VW info, you can axe my nephoo, John Stricker.
He has a friend that has agonized with 'em for many years.
The aero conversion news is not what you want to hear.

BTW..
Good luck with your 'GREAT PAINS 2180'. {8-D

Barnyard BOb -- over 50 years of successful flight
Ignorance may be bliss, but in aviation...
what you don't know can quickly do you in.