Old May 19th 20, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default 2020 Accidents & Insurance, usa

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 4:19:16 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 7:09:25 PM UTC-4, CindyB wrote:
Landable.
Not laudable....cant figure out how to edit it. Sheesh.
Cindy

Otto Korrekt strikes again?

You efforts are laudable! :-)

Ah yes - what to do with the left hand! In the UK, they teach that the release should be firmly grasped during take-off. Definitely a good idea for winch launches, but IMHO not so great for aerotow. In many gliders, holding the release then obscures the spoiler handle with your arm so you can't visually check it. I was taught by my German instructor to do as Cindy says and either block or gently hold the brake handle to ensure it really is closed.

Mike