Old March 29th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Keeping Carpet from Sliding?

JB wrote:
The carpet sections in the front of my 1979 Warrior keep sliding
forward and get "bunched up" under the pedals. The carpet is in pretty
good shape but not stiff enough to hold itself in place. There is only
the metal airframe underneath.

How do people keep the carpet in place? I've thought of Velcro strips
(probably not strong enough), construction glue/adhesive (too
permanent?), stapling to plywood cut to fit (too difficult)?, punching
grommet holes in the carpet and gluing hooks on the metal floor (like
in my car), installing metal snaps on the floor and carpet???

Ideas needed. THanks!!

--JB

Carpet Tape. Double sided sticky.
Works on Airliners too.