Old September 6th 05, 04:48 AM
Happy Dog

"Gary Drescher"
People were told to evacuate. The information necessary for anyone with
a grade five education to understand the magnitude of the potential
****ing the region was possibly, even likely, in for was made available.
Many foolishly stayed. They have themselves to blame.

As others here have pointed out, many did not have the means to evacuate.

Many, many did. Disagree with that or quit wasting time.

And even if some *do* have themselves to blame, that does not argue
against the rescue coordinators *also* being to blame.

Did I say that? No, I didn't. Did anyone? Nope. Straw men don't survive
rough weather.

Because the fact is that a dissipation of civil authority frequently
precipitates violence by some;

The widespread violence at the shelters and the massive looting campaign
were due to the "dissipation of civil authority"?

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Uh, yes, despite your eloquent and incisive uppercase refutation. You
didn't see this conduct to this extent in New Orleans *before* civil
authority collapsed, did you? And surely you're aware of how often such
conduct occurs

And how often it doesn't. But, to be fair, you didn't say that it was "due
to".

this has happened throughout the world and throughout human history, so
it should take no one by surprise. Nor should it be misrepresented as
unusually characteristic of impoverished people or welfare recipients;
sadly, it is universal.

Well, we can disagree then and wait for the facts to reveal themselves.
I haven't enough faith in newspaper reports to use them as solid
evidence. But, FWIW, from the reports so far, you're losing badly.

In what way? For me to be "losing" so far, you'd have to be able to show
quantitatively, from the reports so far, that the extent of the violence
in New Orleans is greater than has broken out during collapses of civil
authority in other times and places throughout the world,

Did I say that? No. I didn't.

moo