Old September 15th 04, 07:57 PM
G.R. Patterson III

B25flyer wrote:

Got me to thinking. So question is, what is the opinion of the troops as to
when the system will change and as part of the written/PTS for any rating there
will no longer be the requirment to draw the line and figure out all the other
stuff for the X-C portion of the test. Just put in airports/waypoints and go
for it.

Five years? Ten years? Or will it stick around forever?

It'll stick around forever. We no longer teach things like radio ranges, but when the
electrons decide not to go down those wires, it'll be whatever we remember about
pilotage that gets us safely on the ground somewhere close to where we wanted to be.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.