Old July 1st 03, 05:15 AM
Richard Kaplan

"James M. Knox" wrote in message

Trouble is, a "per use" business model doesn't give you a sustaining (or
easily relied upon) income.

Some of the other datalink vendors do indeed have a "per use" business
model.

The problem there is that there is an economic incentive to request the
least weather possible, which is not an idea I really like. If weather is
really out there then I would just as soon set up the box to download the
weather as often as it is available so I can monitor my progress.

It is sort of like the question of whether we would request weather
briefings less often if we had to pay per call to 1-800-WX-BRIEF.

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com