Old August 25th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

Default ATC "cancellation" of scheduled carrier flights?

"Marc J. Zeitlin" wrote in message

While discussing reimbursement of hotel bills from a major airline, I was
told that my flight(s) were cancelled BY ATC.

Now, I know that ATC can delay IFR clearances/takeoffs based on weather,
traffic volume, landing slots at the destination, and probably cosmic ray
intensity as well, but I have never heard that ATC can CANCEL flights.

For you ATC folks - are they blowing smoke up my ass?

Yes.

Can ATC CANCEL a flight?

No.

Can you point me to the regulations that cover this area, so that I can do
my own research?

www.faa.gov/atpubs