Old June 1st 13, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Default Question about PowerFlarm IGC recording rate

On Friday, 31 May 2013 21:47:49 UTC-6, SoaringXCellence wrote:
I just had my first flight with my newly updated PowerFlarm. I was able to download the ICG file to the microSD card and it all worked great.

BUT, (there's always a but), I also had another recorder (XCSoar, thank you VERY much) and compared the files with SeeYou. It appears the PF is recording at a rate of about a point about every 10-12 seconds. I'd like to have files with a little more detail.

Does anyone know if/how the rate can be changed?

Mike

Mike

The B records of the IGC file are the fix records

A4.1.1 The format of the basic data, with extra spaces for clarity, is:
B HHMMSS DDMMM MmmmN DDDMMmmm E V PPPPP GGGGG CR LF

The one IGC file I reviewed from a PF had a 8 second interval on the ground and 4 seconds once in the air.

Open the IGC with an application like NOTEPAD and look at the file

I do not know how you can specify with PF the recording interval.

Ron