Old June 5th 13, 10:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pcool

Default ClearNav CNv Club Software Release

It would be a good practice for ClearNav to setup and use a support forum
for their customers, instead of using the usenet.
Guess what would happen if all software and hardware manufacturers would
open a thread each time a customer ask for a question.
But the reason CN is doing this, as we see it from europe, is to tease
people showing someone is actually using the unit, and it is never a good
sign.
my 2cents

"Evan Ludeman" wrote in message

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:21:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hints from my install:

Make sure the vario software number is the same as the display software
number. Both display on boot up. It is possible that the vario software
updates, and the display software does not update.

Don't turn the volume knob during software updates or while the vario
boots up.

Check all your settings after software update -- time constants, altitude,
etc. The software update can reset these with strange results. Bugs = 0
rather than 100% is especially interesting

John Cochrane

It's not bad practice to double check, but this isn't normal behavior on the
part of the update process. Not sure what's going on with BB's vario, but we
should probably handle that off line.

Evan Ludeman for CNi