Old April 2nd 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.products

Default Garmin 430 Waas Upgrade Problem.

Hello All,

I wanted to start a thread to shared my experience with this product.

The past experience has been very positive. I have flown with the 430
for about 2 years with no problems. I have the following setup...

1. 430
2. GPSS
3. S-Tec 20

In the past the autopilot will fly the whole approach with turn
anticipation.

The problems.

1. The turnaround time was supposed to be 3 days. It took 3 weeks...
and that was with a threat. To their credit, once I got them on the
trail, they found my radio and got it shipped asap.

2. Once the radio was back in the airplane, the GPSS doesn't work. I
have a couple of friends with 430's that have not been upgraded and
will be slipping their radio into my harness to see if the problem
goes away. I will post again once I know the results.

Question....

Has anyone else had their 430 upgraded ? Could you please post your
experience.... good or bad.

If anyone knows the pin outs for ARINC info for the 430 before the
upgrade and .... after the upgrade, please share that information.

Thanks

John