Old September 10th 05, 04:27 PM
Jon Kraus

Looks like a landing I made last week. I was lazy and didn't fly a
pattern sice no one was around and my flight path was taking me directly
on the final approach course. I always seem to misjudge height from a
long way out and got flat coming in over the numbers. Then it is just a
matter of slowing up and pulling back into a pseudo-flare which really
results in a 3-point landing. I think that the video makes it look
worse than it probably was although he did get a bounce out of it.

Since it appears that he will be able to use the airplane again I would
call it a good landing. :-)

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ TYQ

Marco Leon wrote:
See video of a hard(ish) landing at:
http://www.flightlevel350.com/viewer.php?id=4137

Did this guy land a bit short of the runway or was his glidepath a bit
too shallow? Something else? It's hard to tell from the video but maybe
some PA-32 drivers can give some insight. Or maybe someone fluent in
French can translate what was said as a comment.

Marco Leon