Old July 26th 17, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Saving tasks (routes) in iglide

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 3:49:00 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Does anyone know how iGlide saves tasks? I put in a task, sometime it saves it and sometimes not. Or it's I there for 3 weeks with the others and then they all disappear. Has anyone else seen this? It never loses my log files, but the tasks (routes in iGlide) seem to be stored in some non permanent location.

Never had them disappear. Occasionally after an update the maps will disappear, and this seems to depend on the iPhone model (happens more often on my 5s than on my 6+).

The routes are stored in a file called Routes.aip. When you back the phone up in iTunes, navigate to the app data and save it (along with the config.xml, navboxconfig.xml, and styles.xml. These are all text files in xml pseudocode which is pretty readable. There are some very interesting formatting features available by editing the config and styles files, not available in the iPhone UI. Save the old versions if you muck with them so you can get back. You can always throw the file out, next time iGlide is started it will create default ones. To use an edited version, drag it to the same app data area and overwrite the existing, then sync, then restart the app.

I'm hoping this gets easier in iOS 11, which will have the equivalent of a Finder app.