Old April 8th 04, 09:08 PM
EDR

In article , RD wrote:

How many of you have memorized all the emergency procedures. The only one I
really know is the engine failure procedure. I have to admit, if any other
emergency was to develop I think I'm unprepared and it's time I do some
re-familiarization of procedures.
On a side note, I'm a bit confused about a partial engine failure. Say the
engine loses a valve and runs VERY rough. Should I continue flying with that
engine in hopes of making a runway, or shut the engine down to prevent it
from ripping itself off the airplane and turning me into a large paper
weight.

If it is still making power, I am going to use it.
I will look to put it on the ground as soon as possible, but I will use
the extra power to pick the best spot.

I was taught the most complete engine failures usually occur after a
power change.