Old August 10th 04, 01:55 AM
BTIZ

I have been DIRECTED to proceed direct to the runway.. it was about a
30-40degree cut and to "expedite"... it was a matter of timing for the
controller.. to get me in.. I did my 30 degree turn over the numbers in the
flare..

BT

"Michael 182" wrote in message

"Shirley" wrote in message

That's my question too ... why would you consciously choose to fly 30°

off? why
*wouldn't* you line yourself up with the centerline (*straight*-in)?

To get there faster, although from 20 miles out you probably won't notice
any difference. Making a 30 degree turn on short final is simple - in fact
many controllers will say "proceed directly to threshold", or some similar
instruction while you are turning downwind to base to get you in faster if
there is traffic in sequence behind you .