Old July 9th 07, 02:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

Default I just have to get it off my chest.

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"russell" wrote in message
Clem, upgrade to what? Why should I upgrade (or install unwanted
programmes) when all you need to do is resize your pictures before
you post them. The best pictures on this NG come from Glenn (IMO)
and we don't have to install any upgraded software to view his
images, so what is so special about yours? If you can't take his
lead, maybe you are the loser and we have missed nothing....

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in particular.

Regarding YENC:

There does come a point when to stay current, you MUST upgrade.

This group has decided to be YENC-free and has reaffirmed the
decision many times. If it goes YENC, I'm leaving.

gdp

don't get you panties in a twist there Don
It really should not matter yenc or not if you have a good newsreader
OE is not a good newreader BTW

"Good" is a matter of opinion. OE sends and receives email, it has a
broad group of filters, it doesn't force me to open anything I don't
want to read, it reads from and posts to newsgroups, it combines and
decodes.....just what would make it "good"? YENC??? From my
experience, anyone who says OE is trash simply doesn't know how to use
it.

gdp

OE is fine for email but as a newsreader it is stuck in the darkages
There several fine newreader that would make posting and reading far
simpler If you want to stay in the dark ages that is fine but don't
attack those who post in an easily readable format. If you use a more up
to date reader you can see what is posted by those who choose to use
yenc. As for me when I post I don'y use yenc but I have no problem with
those who do.
"It is better to light one single candle than to curse the darkness"

I had no intent of attacking anyone, if I did, I apologize. Please tell me
the virtues of other newsreaders that make them easier to use than OE.