Old July 19th 04, 03:44 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam
From: (Fred the Red Shirt)
Date: 7/18/2004 10:50 PM Pacific Standard Time
(Steve Mellenthin) wrote in message
I was hoping you would have the common deceny not to remind me of it. I've
spent 60 years trying to forget it.

Arthur Kramer

Fact of life in war. I am not sure anyone could or should forget that,

even
when one relate ones experiences with putting bombs on target, dodging

enemy
fighters, and flying through flak. There is always another side to war

besides
the glory and I think we all should keep that in balance.

"War is at best barbarism... it's glory is all moonshine. It is only those
who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the
wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is
hell" -- William Techumseh Sherman

Having never fired a shot I trust and respect those who did.

--

FF

Except of course for the self appointed "Warrior Class" who revel in all that
crap. Save us all from the war lovers.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at: