Old May 28th 05, 10:53 AM
Cub Driver

The airport where I rent requires us to carry $40,000 hull insurance.
To that I add $1 million liability, for a cost of about $600 a year. I
would have the liability even if I wasn't obliged to carry the hull
insurance in order to rent.

(Prior to the new requirement, I carried only $15K, figuring that a
lot of what made the Cub valuable would survive a crash, and that I
didn't mind a bit of self-insurance in there. But the most recent
addition to the fleet cost $40,000 to rebuild, and the owner got anal
about being able to recover his investment.)

(Can you imagine a $40,000 L-4? I wonder what the army paid for that
bird, about $1,800?)

On Fri, 27 May 2005 10:51:32 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
wrote:

How many of you guys carry renter's insurance? I never have in the past but I'm
older and wiser now and have been thinking about it. Specifically, that offered
through AOPA.

How much hull insurance is necessary? I'm pretty sure the FBO insures their
aircraft but surely there's a deductible I need to consider.

Your thoughts?

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum: