Old August 21st 03, 10:42 PM
Roger Long

We try to stay on top of everything on this engine and not begrudge it a
penny. The mags are done every 500 hours and are only a couple hundred out.
We have the basics checked every 100 - 150 hours, pull the lifters, etc.
This has certainly paid off in an engine that has always run like a top with
not even minor plug fouling till now. It starts almost as well in the dead
of winter with a oil pan preheat as it does in the summer. Meanwhile, the
flight school planes are going "grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind,
grind, grind, grind..."

--
Roger Long
JerryK wrote in message
How long since the mags were overhauled? It is supposed to be done every
500 hours or so.