Old February 28th 19, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john firth

Default Scotchgarding slightly weathered wingcovers

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 9:54:54 AM UTC-5, Retting wrote:
I have the lower cost Chinese wing covers and after 3 days of drizzle they appeared to be somewhat internally saturated, sticking to wing.
Not sure how much if any water is getting thru as everything is damp. When the sun finally appeared, the covers seemed to dry fast enough.
With all of that I was pondering the idea of Scotchgarding with Heavy Duty Water Shield 3M. Formulated for outdoor fabrics of all kinds. Tents, boat covers, canvas, etc.
Anyone have any experience with Scotchgard? I could do the tailboom area only and see how it performs.

Starbright lasts 2-3 years; a roller is much easier to use than a brush.
Do the job in open air; both the solvent and the active ingredient
are bad for the body.
JMF