Old January 21st 04, 03:54 PM
Cliff Hilty

I can remember the people at Turf talking about getting
FAA approval for modifing the Schweizer tow hook by
inverting it and other improvements. I suggest you
contact Turf directly for this info. Roy would surely
be able to steer you in the right direction. Turf Soaring
School 602-439-3621.

At 13:30 21 January 2004, Sam Fly wrote:
Shawn,

The only STC I have found is one Schweizer owns for
the Piper PA-18.
It appears the FAA is going to stop field approvals
for tow hooks.
Their latest statement,' there must be an STC or be
listed in the Type
Certification Data Sheet for the aircraft'. This could
be costly.

Sam Fly
Texas Soaring Association

Shawn Curry wrote:
Greetings,

Does anybody have any information about Tost or Schweizer
tow hook STCs
for a Pawnee? Our A&P hasn't found any info. Does
it require a field
approval or is their an STC out there?

Thanks,
Shawn