Old January 19th 20, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]

Default Lowest power tow

On Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 11:30:51 PM UTC-6, wrote:
What's the lowest power tow plane you've ever seen or towed by? An Examiner of mine said his was a C150 with 100hp. I also once saw paperwork for an 85hp Luscombe to tow.

I wonder how much Aerotowing in the U.S. was influenced by post war economies, the U.S. had almost all the money, airplanes and resources following WWII. additionally, you could probably aerotow any early (read light, low wing loaded and slow) glider with a J3.
History is so funny, unless it's happening to you.
Scott