Old December 27th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
mikem

Default XM Weather throughout Canada

Dico wrote:

Does anyone have any information when/if we're going to be able to get
our 496 units to recieve Canadian weather information?

I just flew KSLC to Calgary and back in the last three days. My 496
showed Metars for Lethbridge CYQL, but not Calgary. It seems that the
XM feed comes from the US, but not from Canada.

Also, when I called Canadian Flight Service to get a briefing to return
to SLC, they would not give me any US Wx because of liability reasons.
When I tried to call 800-992-7433 from the Calagary area, the number
was blocked. I had to find a discrete phone number with area code to
make a toll call to Great Falls FSS to get US WX. What a PITA!